Friday, February 4, 2011

My Paleo History

My sister was the one who introduced me to the Paleo diet.  When I heard about it, I thought she was crazy!  How could anyone not live with sour cream, pasta, and brownies?!  Never in a million years did I think I would do it.  However, after my husband heard about it, he expressed interest in it.  I'm a stay at home mom, so the idea of cooking 2 meals (one for my husband and one for my 3 chittlins and me) did not sound appeasing.  I thought about it long and hard and told my husband I would give it a try.  I wanted to be supportive of him and so our journey began.  We started January 3rd and I can only say we are going to keep eating the paleo way!  The results can't be beat.  I've lost weight.  I feel better.  My eczema has nearly cleared up.  Life is good.  

Now, believe me when I say there have been times when I've had a craving like nobody's business  Take for instance the time I craved cake for a good 4 days!  However, after having said cake, I got the worst headache in the world (I had been off all sugar for 2 weeks).  It's amazing what different types of food can do to your body, in a destructive way.  All this to say, I hope you enjoy some of the recipes I'll be posting.  I've scoured the web for recipes and have been impressed with almost all the ones I've tried.  Those will be the ones I post.  No point in having you try paleo only to be disappointed.  Beth, I hope you can figure out what's for dinner through this blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment